A little about the mission of Givology:
Launched in March 2008 by students at the University of Pennsylvania, Givology is an Internet online giving marketplace for education that leverages small dollar donations to support grassroots projects and student scholarships in the developing world. As a P2P community at the forefront of the internet microphilanthropy revolution, Givology partners with NGOs and schools throughout the world and connects internet donors to grassroots causes. Through donor message functions, open blogging, and frequent student updates, Givology democratizes philanthropy by introducing choice, transparency, and information sharing in education philanthropy. In particular, they aspire to do the following:
- Create an online community for giving – to connect our donors to high-impact investments in education
- Serve as an online hub for grassroots education organizations that do transformational work in the community
- Leverage small dollar donations to improve access to quality education in developing countries
- Raise funding and support to enable our global partners to scale and expand their impact
- Spread awareness and generate research about problems in education delivery
- Share information and promote cross-cultural relationships through blogging, messaging, and social media
How Givology plans on using the products to promote their cause:
As a young organization, Givology strives to have creative campaigns to promote our cause and plans to use Promotional Temporary Tattoos for a campaign called The Temporary Tattoo Project. The Temporary Tattoo Project is a creative fundraiser partnering with 5 tattoo artists to design temporary tattoos and provide education to children in Kenya. Robyn Fukumoto and Lauren Sauma are hosting this Givology event to benefit Flying Kites, a non-profit Givology partner endeavoring to change the standard of care provided to the poorest of orphans in Kenya by setting them up with high quality education, amazing housing and a community raised in giving back. The 5 selected artists have each been paired with a child and designed a temporary tattoo for Givology to sell and raise money to support the children. The tattoos be presented at the launch event on July 27th, 2011. All proceeds from the event will directly aid Flying Kites in their mission to provide quality education to underprivileged students and communities in Kenya. We hope to have over 400 people attend the launch on July 27th, 2011, and raise $2,000 for each child. After the launch event, the tattoos will be sold for several months on the e-commerce store and around New York City at pop up stores in various indoor and outdoor locations.
If you are a 501C3 Non-Profit (or have applied to be one) and would like to be considered for our Cause to Promote Program, click here.